Salary: $60,000.00 to $98,000.00 /year
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
Our company is unique in Edmonton: we compete in a large North American market against some of the world’s smartest tacticians. Our scope goes well beyond the borders of our city, our province, and even our country. Because of this, we have built a local eCommerce powerhouse, with a culture and depth of knowledge not available anywhere else in Edmonton.
We believe that working with high-performers is the best office perk; that practicing radical candor within our team makes us exponentially better; that paying great salaries with excellent benefits gives us access to the best and the brightest; that giving freedom and responsibility brings out the best in people; and that being relentlessly customer-centric will drive phenomenal growth.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and welcome the challenge of your life, then I personally invite you to join us.
Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
A fast-moving, systematic, detail-oriented merchandising expert responsible for managing promotional calendars and identifying and developing new product opportunities. The merchandising specialist oversees promotional performance, contributes to new product development, develops product launch strategies, captures key learnings in best practices, and is accountable for growing the product catalogue with new, innovative, and successful products, and ensuring we continuously advance promotional merchandising effectiveness.
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
- Managing all promotional merchandising activities across the organization – managing promotional calendar, identifying new opportunities to drive critical eCommerce and financial metrics, briefing customer-facing functions, and analyzing promotional performance.
- Contributing to catalogue and new product development – identifying new product opportunities, assisting in product prioritization, writing product requirements documents, reviewing new product samples and prototypes, and analyzing product performance.
- Developing and planning the execution of product launches – developing product launch strategies and distributing product information to customer-facing functions.
- Contributing to product and promotional sales forecasting and inventory management.
- Tracking competitor product and promotional merchandising.
- Assisting in the development of on-going product user testing and feedback programs.
- Tracking competitor product catalogues and promotional initiatives.
- Working with internal vendors to expose and take advantage of opportunities that improve the performance of the Brand Management function.
- Building and maintaining Merchandising books of best practice.
- Seeking and onboarding additional tools to deliver better results, faster.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, science, engineering, business, marketing or other related fields.
- Exceptional strengths in promotional merchandising and product performance measurement and management.
- Demonstrable track record of identifying new products and taking them to market successfully.
- Strong organizational skills, with a track record of overseeing many simultaneous projects.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills.
- Mastery of written English.
- 3+ years of experience in product management, catalogue planning, promotional planning, and analysis.
- Experience in apparel, home goods, and FMCG is considered an asset.
- Great compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 125% RRSP Matching (up to $10,000/year)
- Travel subsidy
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range
- Bi-weekly company-funded lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Whatever tools and equipment enable you to do the best work of your life
GoodMorning.com is Canada’s largest independent mattress retailer, and one of Western Canada’s largest eCommerce companies.
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth.” If you are ready to be challenged and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
You MUST include a cover letter and resume.
We thank all of those who apply, however only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: GM-BM-MS-20210209