Product Specialist, Purchasing Agent
Salary: $63,000.00 to $87,000.00 /year
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
Our company is unique in Edmonton: we compete in a large North American market against some of the world’s smartest tacticians. Our scope goes well beyond the borders of our city, our province, and even our country. Because of this, we have built a local eCommerce powerhouse, with a culture and depth of knowledge not available anywhere else in Edmonton.
We believe that working with high-performers is the best office perk; that practicing radical honesty within our team makes us exponentially better; that paying great salaries with excellent benefits gives us access to the best and the brightest; that giving freedom and responsibility brings out the best in people; and that being relentlessly customer-centric will drive phenomenal growth.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and welcome the challenge of your life, then I personally invite you to join us.
– Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
Product Specialist, Purchasing Agent
A disciplined and detail-oriented sourcing expert responsible for initiating, building, and maintaining relationships with domestic and overseas suppliers; juggling multiple simultaneous products in various phases of development; and being relentlessly creative in sourcing and developing products with domestic and overseas suppliers.
- Working with the Director of Product Engineering and other business functions to develop product lines from scratch and improve existing product lines.
- Interpreting product requirements and specifications.
- Preparing, issuing, and collating Requests For Quote and the resulting supplier responses.
- Negotiating pricing, discounts, credit terms, incoterms, MOQ, and lead time.
- Researching and collating data on new suppliers and their capabilities.
- Developing financial and comparative models for potential new products.
- Collaborating with teammates on logistics requirements, freight, shipping, and inventory management.
- Facilitating product safety and compliance agency processes.
- Preparing product document packages for manufacturing.
- Facilitating vendor approval and vetting processes.
- Acquiring product samples from suppliers.
- Receiving, labelling, evaluating, and maintaining records of product samples.
- Playing a key role in new product introduction, development, and launch activities.
- Making aware new supplier products to internal stakeholders.
- Documenting and disseminating best practices to increase mastery of product engineering.
- Working with teammates to continuously develop and execute product engineering strategies.
- Ensuring that product engineering priorities are adequately represented in corporate planning sessions.
- Ensuring that all work being done is in accordance with clearly defined and measurable objectives.
- Seeking out cutting-edge industry knowledge.
- Providing support services to other business functions.
- Communicating with domestic and overseas vendors.
- Analyzing sales data and creating new or optimizing existing sourcing channels.
- Visiting trade shows, showrooms, factories and product events.
- Reporting weekly KPIs.
- Written and spoken English skills; French, Spanish, and Mandarin are an asset but not required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven success at developing supplier relationships.
- Expert-level proficiency with spreadsheets.
- Experience working in a transparent and flat hierarchy organization.
- Proven ability to deliver marketing, procurement, and product engineering results.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines while working both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong multi-tasking skills; highly organized with an attention to detail.
- A professional and positive attitude.
- At least 5 years experience in business analyst, merchandising, procurement, or product sourcing role.
- Experience working with overseas suppliers is an asset.
- Post-secondary education in engineering, procurement, business, economics, or a related field.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
- Great compensation.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits.
- RRSP Matching (125%, up to $10,000).
- Travel subsidy.
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day.
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range.
- Bi-weekly company-funded lunches.
- Fully stocked kitchen.
- Whatever tools and equipment enable you to do the best work of your life.
GoodMorning.com is Canada’s largest independent mattress retailer and one of Western Canada’s largest eCommerce companies. Our mantra is simple: “Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else.”
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth”.
If you are ready to be challenged, and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
- Include a cover letter and resume.
- Include examples of past work showcasing your greatest achievements.
Candidates may be asked to complete a test administered by Indeed.
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: GM-P-PSPA-01062021