Salary: $79,000.00 to $108,000.00 /year
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
Our company is unique in Edmonton: we compete in a large North American market against some of the world’s smartest tacticians. Our scope goes well beyond the borders of our city, our province, and even our country. Because of this, we have built a local eCommerce powerhouse, with a culture and depth of knowledge not available anywhere else in Edmonton.
We believe that working with high-performers is the best office perk; that practicing radical candor within our team makes us exponentially better; that paying great salaries with excellent benefits gives us access to the best and the brightest; that giving freedom and responsibility brings out the best in people; and that being relentlessly customer-centric will drive phenomenal growth.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and welcome the challenge of your life, then I personally invite you to join us.
Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
A fast-moving, systematic, detail-oriented brand management expert responsible for designing, building, and operating brands. The Brand Manager oversees brand performance, sets goals for continuous improvement, maintains expert knowledge of key market data, captures key learnings in best practices, and is accountable for delivering and growing profit-generating consumer brands.
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
- Identifying, evaluating, and validating Canadian white space opportunities driven by insight and developing/prioritizing strategic opportunities for innovation.
- Leading Brand Management projects cross functionally and build robust rationales.
- Developing and executing strategic Brand Management plans, both short and long term, to support revenue growth and cost reduction objectives.
- Driving brand innovation planning through consumer insight/segmentation, brand equity understanding, category/brand/product/geographic knowledge, and competitive analysis.
- Identifying, evaluating, and validating Canadian opportunities for product extensions and renovations on branded portfolios that are driven by insights and drive incremental long term growth to the business.
- Developing brand/product targeting & positioning.
- Creating and communicating clear timelines to cross-functional teams for Brand Management initiatives.
- Building sales forecasts and growth assumptions as input to develop business cases.
- Supporting Director of Brand Strategy & Management to develop and drive the strategic roadmap for growth across all of GoodMorning.com’s portfolio.
- Building strong working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Strengthening and continually building strong Brand Management credibility/profile within the organization.
- Building and maintaining Brand Management books of best practice.
- Seeking and onboarding additional tools to deliver better results, faster.
- 5+ years of marketing experience, preferably in apparel, home goods, pharmaceuticals, or FMCG.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, science, engineering, or other related field.
- Strong leadership and organizational alignment skills to develop and deliver against key strategies and plans.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills including the ability to analyze market data and drive actionable business results.
- Strong understanding of digital performance tools (Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads etc.) would be considered an asset.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Proven ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced environment, ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple internal functions or external resources to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge.
- Great compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 125% RRSP Matching (up to $10,000/year)
- Travel subsidy
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range
- Bi-weekly company-funded lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Whatever tools and equipment enable you to do the best work of your life
GoodMorning.com is Canada’s largest independent mattress retailer, and one of Western Canada’s largest eCommerce companies.
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth.” If you are ready to be challenged and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
You MUST include a cover letter and resume.
We thank all of those who apply, however only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: GM-BM-BM-20210222