Digital Marketing Specialist (Google Ads)
Salary: $75,000.00 to $105,000.00 /year
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
Our company is unique in Edmonton: we compete in a large North American market against some of the world’s smartest tacticians. Our scope goes well beyond the borders of our city, our province, and even our country. Because of this, we have built a local eCommerce powerhouse, with a culture and depth of knowledge not available anywhere else in Edmonton.
We believe that working with high-performers is the best office perk; that practicing radical honesty within our team makes us exponentially better; that paying great salaries with excellent benefits gives us access to the best and the brightest; that giving freedom and responsibility brings out the best in people; and that being relentlessly customer-centric will drive phenomenal growth.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and welcome the challenge of your life, then I personally invite you to join us.
– Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
Google Ads Specialist
An analytical, mathematical, and sales-focused growth marketing expert, with a “fixation” on delivering profitable traffic through paid digital advertising channels, and growing digital reach with discipline, speed, and precision.
A Google Ads Specialist is a leader, relentlessly pushing the advertising boundaries of what is possible by taking ownership of acquisition channels, continuously experimenting, while operating within strict financial constraints in pursuit of the company’s strategic goals.
- Delivering profitable website traffic by managing Google PPC channels and campaigns
- Increasing advertising reach by identifying new digital opportunities, optimizing existing channels, and running experiments
- Working within established best practices and strict revenue-based advertising spend targets
- Monitoring campaign performance by analyzing the right metrics and drawing actionable insights with a strong bias to action
- Rapidly structuring and restructuring large numbers of campaigns in response to market changes and competitive pressure, to maintain outstanding performance
- Producing compelling, high-quality ad copy that outcompetes for clicks
- Working with internal vendors to expose and take advantage of opportunities that improve the performance of the Advertising team
- Building and maintaining Advertising books of best practice with channel-specific tactics and insights
- Seeking and onboarding additional tools to deliver better results, faster
- Communicating with the wider marketing and leadership teams on project development, timelines, and results
- Continuously surfacing and circulating industry trends and channel “intelligence” with Advertising Manager and other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Business, Marketing, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or other related fields
- 5+ years working in a Digital Marketing/Advertising team
- Experience operating with digital advertising budgets of at least $1,000 per day
- Mastery of written English
- Proven expert-level proficiency with Google Advertising platforms
- Expert proficiency with Google Analytics
- Demonstrable track record of results with search, display, shopping, and Youtube advertising
- Working knowledge of Google Ads scripting and/or other scripting languages
- Demonstrable track record of working with Creative and/or eCommerce teams to develop digital advertising assets that work
- Knowledge of WordPress is an asset, but not required
GoodMorning.com is Canada’s largest independent mattress retailer and Edmonton’s largest eCommerce company. Our mantra is simple: “Rewrite the rules to do things better than everyone else.”
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth”. If you are ready to be challenged, and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
- Include a cover letter and resume
We thank all of those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Reference ID: GM-A-GAS-12102020