Director of Marketing
Salary: $97,000.00 to $170,000.00 /year
Dear Future Teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
Our company is unique in Edmonton: we compete in a large North American market against some of the world’s smartest tacticians. Our scope goes well beyond the borders of our city, our province, and even our country. Because of this, we have built a local eCommerce powerhouse, with a culture and depth of knowledge not available anywhere else in Edmonton.
We believe that working with high-performers is the best office perk; that practicing radical candor within our team makes us exponentially better; that paying great salaries with excellent benefits gives us access to the best and the brightest; that giving freedom and responsibility brings out the best in people; and that being relentlessly customer-centric will drive phenomenal growth.
If you are an expert at your craft, have strong, fact-based opinions, and welcome the challenge of your life, then I personally invite you to join us.
Sam Prochazka, CEO of GoodMorning.com
Director of Marketing
A systematic, detail-oriented, forward-thinking leader, the Director of Marketing is responsible for the leadership, planning, and execution that results in growth of revenue, reach, and brand equity. The Director of Marketing oversees the development and implementation of marketing strategies, and guides the team that executes them.
The Director of Marketing collaborates with directors and managers in other teams (including the brand, product, customer service, supply chain, and engineering teams) to achieve financial and customer satisfaction objectives, while ensuring that the company’s overall strategy and goals are supported by those of the Marketing Team.
This position is full-time in Edmonton, AB, Canada. We welcome local applicants, as well as any Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or eligible international applicants willing to relocate.
- Leading the company’s marketing teams to drive sales, growth, aggressive market capture, and remarkable customer happiness.
- Conducting scholarly research to: inform an ever-deepening understanding of marketing best practices relating to branding, merchandising (product and promotional), advertising, retention, communications, and customer experience; elevate the standard of debate within the marketing team, and the company as a whole.
- Conducting market research to: guide changes to our existing offerings to maximize their competitiveness; find new opportunities; ensure we are optimally positioned relative to competitors; identify and respond to new trends as necessary.
- Guiding the day-to-day activities of the marketing team, ensuring continual improvement and ever-increasing efficiency in execution.
- Developing a team that delivers industry-leading work product that consistently drives outsized results.
- Integrating useful processes and systems to support heroes and insurgency, rather than procedures that encourage complacency and mediocrity.
- Negotiating with media agencies and securing agreements to produce promotional materials as necessary.
- Engaging directly with customers, from time-to-time, to ensure that the front line is represented in all marketing decisions.
- Contributing to top-level company planning.
- Other duties that may reasonably be assigned.
- Strong understanding of statistics and math
- Superior analytical skills, with track record of using diverse and complex information to inform strategies, solutions, and workflows
- Proven track record with marketing roles
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- 5+ years of management and leadership experience
- Great compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits
- 125% RRSP Matching (up to $10,000/year)
- Travel subsidy
- Working with high-performing colleagues who will challenge you every day
- A free mattress of your choice within the GoodMorning.com range
- Bi-weekly company-funded lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Whatever tools and equipment enable you to do the best work of your life
GoodMorning.com is Canada’s largest independent mattress retailer, and one of Western Canada’s largest eCommerce companies.
Since 2010 we have worked tirelessly to develop and sell only the best products in the world and to deliver them in a relentlessly customer-centric way. We do this by hiring only the best and the brightest, and by facilitating a workplace that values freedom, responsibility, honesty, and great compensation.
We believe that the best office perk is to work alongside only high-performers, and we challenge ourselves (and our colleagues) to hold strong, fact-based opinions, to question assumptions, to think deeply, and to improve “the truth.” If you are ready to be challenged and to challenge us with your expertise, then we want you on our team.
You MUST include a cover letter and resume.
We thank all of those who apply, however only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.